What Happens in Trauma?
A person’s brain is different after trauma. In order to deal with the traumatic experience, the brain recalibrates, creating a new default setting. In this episode, we discuss how trauma changes us, what it looks like from the inside, and what it looks like from the outside. We hope you find this episode helpful. Thanks for listening.
Trauma is real and leaders who understand the effects of trauma in their own lives and in the lives of others are less likely to be sabotaged by trauma and are more likely to lead in ways that turn out to be healthy and life-giving.
- Trauma changes us
- Learned helplessness
- Nature vs. nurture
- Looking at trauma from the inside
- Looking at trauma from the outside
- The Boy Who was Raised as a Dog
- The Body Keeps the Score
- Healing Developmental Trauma
- Adverse Childhood Experiences Study – Wikipedia
- Take The ACE Quiz – NPR
- How childhood trauma affects health across a lifetime [vide0]
If you enjoy listening to The Leader’s Journey Podcast, the best way to support us is to take just a few seconds and leave a rating and/or comment over on iTunes or share it with your friends on Facebook … Thank you!