In this episode, John Sparks talks about a way of thinking about discipleship that is elegantly simple and comprehensive enough to align us with the example and teachings of Jesus for the abundant life. He also shares about the importance of highly effective teams in reaching our goals in our congregations and organizations.
This is the sixth and last episode in our series on our book Learning Change: Congregational Transformation Fueled by Personal Renewal. That book came out of our work with what was then known as Ridder Church Renewal and is now known as Churches Learning Change. A group of leaders in that first group came to be dear friends and also contributors to this book, describing their experience with learning to lead in new ways.
John Sparks is the Pastor of Adult Ministry at Centerpoint Church in Kalamazoo, MI. His passion is spiritual formation and discipleship along the lines of the teaching of Dallas Willard and others. John and his wife Sarita have 3 grown children.
- What is a disciple?
- What is the connection between discipleship and transformation?
- Mental model of transformation
- What role do spiritual practices play in transformation?
- Community of grace and truth
- When do we need to put a team around something?
- How do committees from thee teams we’re talking about?
Learning Change Series
- Part 1 with Drew Poppleton
- Part 2 with Chip Sauer
- Part 3 with Jessica Shults and Brian Stone
- Part 4 with Nate Pyle
- Part 5 with Michael De Ruyter
Thank you for listening. If you enjoy listening to The Leader’s Journey Podcast, the best way to support us is to take just a few seconds and leave a rating and/or comment over on iTunes or share it with your friends on Facebook … Thank you!