What can we do?
Build communities of truth and safety where survivors of trauma are cared for.
Trauma is real and leaders who understand the effects of trauma in their own lives and in the lives of others are less likely to be sabotaged by trauma and are more likely to lead in ways that turn out to be healthy and life-giving.
Download the episode | Subscribe on iTunes
- Learn to listen
- Encourage authenticity
- Learn from survivors
- “Caring for” vs “Taking care of”
- Offer a safe place
- The Boy Who was Raised as a Dog
- The Body Keeps the Score
- Healing Developmental Trauma
- Adverse Childhood Experiences Study – Wikipedia
- Take The ACE Quiz – NPR
- How childhood trauma affects health across a lifetime
- An Everyone Culture
If you enjoy listening to The Leader’s Journey Podcast, the best way to support us is to take just a few seconds and leave a rating and/or comment over on iTunes or share it with your friends on Facebook … Thank you!