For over 20 years, we have worked to equip people around North America to grow their capacity to grow their emotional intelligence, adapt to change, and work for the common good through coaching relationships, and through our books and trainings.
But the world is changing at an unrelenting pace and many leaders still lack the capacity to effectively help their organization navigate their mission in the context of deep change. We believe that this isn’t due to a lack of information on the topics. On the contrary, most of us know more than we are actually able to do. Our work focuses on turning information into effective practices.
This is why we started this business: we are passionate about coming alongside leaders who are committed to working on their emotional intelligence while taking a stand for what they believe and then seeing it through.
Our work is based on four assumptions:
- Congregations, ministries, and businesses can learn.
- In a rapidly changing environment, those that learn to learn most effectively are the ones that will thrive.
- Learning effectively requires growing self-mastery – an ability to be clear about vision and values and to stand for those things even in the face of resistance and chaos.
- When we learn together effectively, we are able to experience the shalom of God in our relationships and in our work.
- Coaching produces breakthroughs and breakthroughs produce hope.
- Everyone thrives when people are taking on the deep challenges in front of them with curiosity and responsibility.
- We spend too much time at work for it not to be satisfying, and a source of joy.
- Growing one’s emotional maturity impacts every area of life.