Virtually all of us agree that we’re in a crisis and none of us know how long it will last. How do we prepare ourselves and our organizations for whatever is going to be normal? Leaders are beginning to make a shift from crisis management to long-term leadership toward an uncertain future. In this episode, we explore what it looks like for leaders to resist the temptation to accelerate a return to normal and instead to evaluate our mental models, imagine new possibilities and recapture our sense of mission.
- Moving toward an unknown future
- Leading Beyond the Blizzard: Why Every Organization Is Now a Startup
- Mission that transforms our sense of normal
- Tommy Rossen and Houston Responds
- Evaluating our mental models
- Balancing stability and change
- Creativity and imagination with a team
Here are some additional resources regarding leading in these times of uncertainty and anxiety
- After the Adrenaline: Self-care in a Time of Crisis
- Leading in Uncertain Times (COVID-19)
- Systems Thinking in Anxious Times
- 20 Questions to Help with COVID-19 Anxiety
- Practices of Calm Presence
- Managing Stress by Managing Yourself
Thank you for listening. If you enjoy listening to The Leader’s Journey Podcast, the best way to support us is to take just a few seconds and leave a rating and/or comment over on iTunes or share it with your friends on Facebook … Thank you!