Growing your emotional intelligence means growing your ability to choose what you say and do–because of and in spite of your emotions.
Self-management is your ability to choose what you say and do based on your awareness of your emotions (Bradberry and Greaves). To understand self-mastery, we have to go back over the role of feelings—to give us information and to help us know when to pay attention and what to pay attention to.
Download the episode | Subscribe on iTunes
- “Emotion” means “to move”
- It is important to feel the whole range of human emotion
- Advantages of self-management
- Aspects of emotional intelligence related to self-mastery
- Growing our self-mastery
- Emotional Intelligence 2.0 by Bradberry and Greaves
- Daniel Goleman
- Standford Marshmallow Experiment
- 7 Habits of Highly Effective People by Stephen Covey