Leaders who rigorously practice rest and who learn to work from rest, not work for rest, move past performance and entitlement and can sustain healthy leadership for the long haul.
This episode delves into the importance of rest, relaxation, and sabbaticals for everyone, especially leaders in various organizations. Rusty discusses the need for individuals and families to discern what true rest means to them and how they can creatively and collaboratively attain it, emphasizing the importance of connection, enjoyment, and minimizing distractions.
- True Rest: Discerning what is restful is crucial.
- Individual Needs and Collaboration: Balancing time alone and time with others, assessing and communicating needs clearly, and offering mutual support.
- Importance of Sabbaticals: Sabbaticals are integral to long-term wellness and effectiveness in ministry and other professions.
- Importance of Rest in Organizations: Both religious and corporate entities are recognizing the value of sabbaticals in employee retention and well-being.
- Ongoing Practice: Developing restful practices is an ongoing process that may need adjustment, accountability, support, and continuous effort.
- Sabbatical Coaching and Resources