In this week’s podcast, join Jim and Trisha as they speak with pastors Ted and Jess from Evanston Vineyard Church about intentional change. Discover how their approach to transformation involves coaching, diverse perspectives, and the formation of clear, shared values.
Ted Kim, who has been pastoring and ministering in churches for more than 20 years in Washington, California, New York, and areas outside of the US, is the lead pastor at Evanston Vineyard Church. He is passionate about leading people’s hearts and minds toward Jesus. Jess, once an intern, is now also a pastor at Evanston Vineyard Church. She has been a big part of the intentional change and value focusing at the church.
- Forming Congregational Values: Ted and Jess share their experience in leading a congregation through the process of forming and embracing core values.
- Navigating Resistance: The leaders discuss the positive aspects of encountering resistance during the values formation process and how it contributes to a culture of authenticity.
- Cultivating Team Culture: The importance of team culture values and ongoing learning in maintaining alignment with the overarching church values.
- Practical Implementation: Simple yet impactful practices, including regular readings of values during meetings, emphasizing the role of coaching in decision-making, and fostering a sense of agency among team members.
- Real Change in Action: The messy and non-linear nature of change, showcasing the genuine transformation that can occur in a congregation through intentional and collaborative efforts.