Mental Models: Part 2
In this episode, we are going to name what we believe to be the dominant mental model and then compare and contrast it to what we see emerging. As you listen, join us in asking how is the new mental model similar to what we are currently practicing and how is it different.
When you are leading off map, learning to surface and test the mental models—yours and those of your team—that guide your decision-making is an essential leadership skill.
Listen to Learning to Surface and Test the Mental Model Part 1
- Definition of a mental model
- Shift in the mental model of leadership style
- Shift in the mental model of discipleship
- Shift in the mental model of success
- A disorienting shift in influence many pastors are facing
Links & References
- Mac McCarthy
- Praxis Podcast with Mac McCarthy
- Crosspoint Community Church
- Learning to Surface and Test the Mental Model Part 1
- Alan Roxburgh
- Fifth Discipline by Peter Senge
- Tod Bolsinger, Canoeing the Mountains
- Dallas Willard
Thank you for listening. If you enjoy listening to The Leader’s Journey Podcast, the best way to support us is to take just a few seconds and leave a rating and/or comment over on iTunes or share it with your friends on Facebook … Thank you!