In today’s podcast, we discuss how leaders often live in a pace that stands in the way of being able to grow our emotional maturity. Our guest, April Fiet, is a pastor and author whose book The Sacred Pulse: Holy Rhythms for Overwhelmed Souls posits that the process of slowing down helps us live into our callings by tapping into holy rhythms which help pattern our days according to God’s desires for our lives.
The second episode in a series revolving around practices that help us grow our emotional maturity.
- Learning to slow down to help us tap into rhythms of well being
- Chronos time vs kairos time
- Our longings to create space to be fully human
- How creativity and handcrafting helps us focus and ground
- Slowing down to examine our own selves and how we make time for others
Links & References
- The Sacred Pulse: Holy Rhythms for Overwhelmed Souls by April Fiet
- Together: The Healing Power of Human Connection in a Sometimes Lonely World by Vivek H. Murthy M.D.
- April Fiet’s Blog
- April Fiet’s Free E-Book Whispers in the Wilderness: 7 Devotions for Hope in Uncertain Times
- April Fiet’s Twitter
- April Fiet’s Facebook
- The Leader’s Journey Newsletter List
Thank you for listening. If you enjoy listening to The Leader’s Journey Podcast, the best way to support us is to take just a few seconds and leave a rating and/or comment over on iTunes or share it with your friends on Facebook … Thank you!